SPIE, sharing a vision for the future
- Gauthier Louette, SPIE CEO since 2003, becomes Chairman and CEO of SPIE SA on 1 January 2010, taking over from Jean Monville who retired on 31 December 2009.
- SPIE consolidates its presence in the UK with the purchase of W.H.S, a company specialising in electrical installations and instrumentation for the energy sector.
- SERCE and OPPBTP award SPIE the Safety Grand Prize in recognition of its exceptionally low accident frequency rate for the industry.
- SPIE continues to grow, acquiring numerous European companies, including Lapierre, Paternoster, GEFCA, Juret, Roussel and Socotech in France, Heijmans Industrial Services (HIS) in the Netherlands, and Anca-Tech in Belgium.
- SPIE acquires the AMEC group's Building and Facilities Services business (rebranded SPIE Matthew Hall). SPIE Matthew Hall is now the largest contributor to group sales, lifting the share of revenue generated outside France from 28% to 40%.
- With its acquisition of Controlec, SPIE Nederland becomes a key electricity, automation and mechanical engineering player in the Netherlands.