As the independent European leader in multi-technical services in the areas of energy and communications, SPIE supports its customers to design, build, operate and maintain energy-efficient and environmentally-friendly facilities.
With 38,000 employees working from close to 600 sites in 38 countries, SPIE achieved in 2016 consolidated revenues of €5.1 billion and consolidated EBITA of €352 million.
The Group focuses its development on three activities
- Mechanical and Electrical Services (44% of consolidated production for the financial year ended December 31, 2016), which encompass electrical, mechanical and HVAC engineering services
- Information & Communications Technology Services (22% of consolidated production for the financial year ended December 31, 2016), which covers the installation, upgrade and management of voice, data and image communications systems
- Technical Facility Management (34% of consolidated production for the financial year ended December 31, 2016), which covers the technical management of facilities and related services
The Group is focusing its development and its offer on four markets
- « Smart city », including the “smart” layout of cities, particularly for communications infrastructure, mobility, group equipment and safety
- « e-fficient buildings », i.e., a service offering for energy performance ranging from design to the operation and maintenance of low-consumption buildings
- « Energies », covering services offered by the Group in the areas of energy, particularly nuclear energy and renewable energies, as well as Oil & Gas
- « Industry services », covering the various areas of industry services
Supporting our customers’ assets throughout their lifecycle
The services offered by the Group cover the entire life cycle of its customers’ facilities, ranging from design and installation (new facilities services representing approximately 21% of the Group’s consolidated production for financial year 2016) to support for operations, maintenance and rehabilitation (asset support services that account for approximately 79% of the Group’s consolidated production for financial year 2016).