The Public-Private Partnership with Val-de-Reuil, a project by SPIE Ouest-Centre.
Established in the early 1970s, Val-de-Reuil (Eure) is the youngest municipality in France.
In January 2011, the city of Val-de-Reuil signed a Public-Private Partnership (PPP) contract with SPIE for the renovation, maintenance and operation of its public lighting and video communication installations.
For this PPP, SPIE will handle:
- The renovation of 24 km of the underground electrical grid;
- The replacement of more than 1,200 lampposts connected to the CityNetworks remote management system;
- The deployment of a 50-km fibre-optic network for cable television and high-speed internet;
- The installation of charging stations for electric vehicles;
- Special lighting for municipal structures (city hall, school, bridges, etc.);
- The installation of electronic information panels.
Contributing to the green economy
These projects help the city of Val-de-Reuil reduce its energy consumption for the new lighting system by 56%, representing a total savings of 28% in the city’s energy consumption.