The state of Berlin – represented by the Berliner Immobilienmanagement GmbH (BIM) – has tasked the SPIE group with the technical facility management of a total of 28 cultural institutions in the German federal capital. Starting from 2018, SPIE will be responsible for their smooth operation and building maintenance. The contract has a duration of four years and eight months.
The 28 real estate properties for which SPIE received the contract include the Konzerthaus, the Berliner Ensemble and the Maxim Gorki Theater, in addition to the Volksbühne, the Deutsche Theater and the Friedrichstadtpalast. The properties also include the state chancellery, called the Rote Rathaus.
SPIE Deutschland & Zentraleuropa is responsible for the value preservation, as well as the smooth and secure operation, of the properties. Taking into account all statutory specifications, standards and guidelines, the aim here is a legally compliant organisation, for instance for fire prevention. The aim is to holistically operate the properties and to comprehensively transfer, to the extent legally possible, operational responsibility to SPIE.
Services at a glance:
- Overarching control of facility management,
- Operational management in facility management (service, inspection, assumption of hygiene responsibility),
- Operational management in property management,
- Recurring inspections as per the Inspection Ordinance of the state of Berlin,
- Maintenance of the relevant construction elements of the service specifications,
- Tree inspection,
- Energy management,
- Maintenance and small construction repairs.
Marketing & Communications Manager
Tel.: +49 (0)2102 3708 655