- Services: M&E
- Subsidiary: SPIE Deutschland & Zentraleuropa
- Year: 2020
- Tags: Electrical engineering
- Status: Completed
The work took place over a 16-month period and a total area of 20,000 square metres. SPIE installed:
- 350 kilometres of high and low voltage cables
- 600 KNX bus subscribers with data interfaces
- 2,000 lighting fixtures
- 480 loudspeakers, in particular for the fire brigade
- several data networks.
Medical device manufacturing facilities are subject to strict installation and documentation requirements. After completion, all installations are subject to inspection by the US Food & Drug Administration (FDA). In the new centre, medicinal products with and without hormones are packed in separate cleanrooms. To keep these spaces free from any contaminant, the number of particles must not exceed a very low value specified by the FDA. In addition, the temperature, humidity and pressure must remain constant to prevent contamination from harmful substances. We installed special antibacterial sockets and all electrical installations are hermetically sealed, for instance.