With an accident frequency rate (AFR*) of 5.5 for its own employees in 2011, SPIE is keeping up its record of achieving very good results for safety in its professional field. The Group is making a significant contribution to the progress noted in our sector, with the average AFR for all SERCE member companies in France being 12.4.
Illustrating their determined policy in the safety field, several Group subsidiaries won various safety prizes awarded by SERCE and OPPBTP.
- Extra high-voltage Network Activities:
- 1st prize: SPIE Ile-de-France Nord-Ouest - Energy, environment, ergonomics
- Miscellaneous activities: Networks, industry, commercial sector (200,000 to 500,000 hours):
- 1st prize: SPIE Sud-Ouest - Aquitaine regional office/ Maintenance and technical management department (Talence)
- Incentive award: SPIE Ile-de-France Nord-Ouest - Paris Nord-Ouest office (Eragny)
- Miscellaneous activities: Networks, industry, commercial sector (more than 500,000 hours) :
- Incentive award: SPIE Sud-Est - Lyonnais office (Vénissieux)
These results show, once again, that safety is among our top priorities, says Gilles Landry, SPIE accident prevention, health and safety director. It is the efforts of our employees and the commitment of their managers that have been rewarded. These prizes will encourage us to push ahead with our action campaign and to ensure that everyone who works for SPIE gets home safe and sound. That's our goal and this determination is shared by the whole company. The prizes given by SERCE and OPPBTP reward electrical engineering and HVAC firms not only for their safety results but also for their initiatives in work organisation, their methods of enhancing communication with - and the awareness of - their personnel, and their implementation of new equipment. Prizes are allocated according to the size and business field of the candidate companies. The jury is made up of company managers from the sector, permanent representatives of SERCE (French association of electrical engineering and HVAC companies) and OPPBTP (French public works and building trades safety organisation), customer representatives and temporary employment agencies. *(AFR) Accident frequency rate = number of lost-time accidents per million hours worked . Press contacts
Agence Droit Devant