Paris, 12 June 2014 – Several SPIE subsidiaries have won various safety prizes awarded by SERCE and OPPBTP. These awards, once again, place the spotlight the Group’s highly committed safety policy.
Two SPIE entities were each awarded a jury’s special prize for their innovative action in the field of accident prevention.
SPIE Ouest-Centre’s Telecommunications Services department (in Saint-Herblain, Loire-Atlantique) was rewarded for its campaigns to promote its subcontractors’ awareness of and compliance with SPIE’s safety requirements. In 2013, this department organised successful information and assessment days and accident-prevention observation visits for employees of subcontractors whose accident rate is generally highly than in the SPIE Group.
The Espace Lémanique operations department of SPIE Sud-Est (in Pringy, Haute-Savoie) was rewarded for its campaigns highlighting the importance of accident prevention and risk analysis for its employees. In particular, two events illustrating accident prevention were organised by the operations department. One was a first aid drill during a simulated industrial accident to teach employees the vital first aid measures that should be taken. The other made use of dummies to stage various hazardous situations. The aim was to help employees analyse the factors that could lead to accidents and take the best preventive steps.
Five other awards were also won by SPIE subsidiaries for their excellent safety results and efforts during 2013 and the three previous years:
Miscellaneous activities: Industrial and Commercial Sector Networks:
- 1st prize (60,000 to 200,000 hours): SPIE Sud-Ouest - Maintenance and Services, Languedoc-Roussillon – Saint Jean de Védas (Aude)
- 1st prize (200,000 to 500,000 hours): SPIE Sud-Ouest - Maintenance and Services, Aquitaine – Talence (33)
HV and LV Network activities (street lighting, communication lines, signs, buried pipes):
- 1st prize (more than 200,000 hours worked): SPIE Ouest-Centre – Infrastructures, Poitou-Charentes Centre Limousin – Migné-Auxances (Vienne).
Industrial and Commercial Sector activities: Industrial and Commercial Sector Networks (200,000 to 500,000 hours):
- 1st prize (200,000 to 500,000 hours): SPIE Ile-de-France Nord-Ouest – Côte d’Opale – Dunkirk (Nord)
- Incentive award (more than 500,000 hours worked): SPIE Ile-de-France Nord-Ouest – Commercial sector electrical engineering department – Saint Denis (Seine-Saint-Denis)
“These awards once again demonstrate SPIE’s determination never to be satisfied with previous results but to keep pushing ahead with accident prevention,” says SPIE Group Sustainable Development Director Gilles Landry. “Our aim is to improve safety for each and every employee and to get our subcontractors involved in the campaigns we have been implementing for several years.”