This redevelopment project which was launched three years ago covers aspects of urban development, architectural creation and extensive renovation.
The Les Halles centre of tomorrow will be more open to the city of Paris, more easily accessible and a pleasanter place for walks. It will include more cultural facilities, shops and station access points. This transformation, which will affect the whole of the surrounding district, is to be completed in 2016.
In the context of this massive renovation project, Unibail-Rodamco has awarded SPIE Ile-de-France Nord-Ouest a contract to renovate the chilled water system for the shopping centre malls, renew smoke removal plant installations and renovate the ventilation system’s fresh air blower units.
This work involves the following key features:
- 6,000 metres of pipes and ducts
- 83 high-power fans for the 12 blower units
- 12 two-speed fans for the smoke removal plants
- 30,000 hours of night work and 25,000 hours of daytime work on site
- Precise timing to ensure that the malls can be opened to the public at 6 a.m. every day and to facilitate the quick renovation of shops
- Careful coordination between the various work teams in order to comply with deadlines
Delivery is scheduled for December 2016 after 30 months of work.