Malakoff, 18 November 2021 – SPIE ICS, the French digital services subsidiary of the SPIE group, the independent European leader in multi-technical services in the areas of energy and communications, gained the Institut Numérique Responsable’s “Digital responsibility” (NR) label which recognises digital responsibility. SPIE ICS becomes the first digital services company (DSC) to be granted this certification and the label highlights the subsidiary’s committed approach to digital technology which is inclusive, ethical and considerate of the environment.
SPIE ICS is carrying out initiatives in 4 major areas of digital responsibility:
- Harnessing digital technology to reduce the impact on the environment
- Measuring and reducing the environmental impact of information systems
- Integrating eco-design principles into the digital services and solutions that it is developing
- Encouraging the sensible or even restrained use of digital technology
“Reducing the carbon footprint generated by digital activities poses a real challenge for the planet. But it is one that we have embraced, and this label is a just reward for the real expertise we have developed within our market. We are already applying these principles to our own practices and we are able to support our customers as part of a more ethical and environmentally friendly approach to digital technology”, explains Xavier Daubignard, Managing Director of SPIE ICS.
A label consistent with the new 2021-2025 Strategic Plan of SPIE ICS
SPIE ICS is committed to Green IT, as demonstrated by the Planet Tech’Care manifesto it signed last spring, and there are three main pillars in which it can support its customers to promote the sensible use of digital technology:
- Evaluation of maturity in terms of digital responsibility and definition of a roadmap integrated into a customer’s CSR policy
- Evaluation and reduction of the carbon footprint generated by a customer’s digital assets
- Simulation of the environmental impact of applications according to how they are hosted
The “Digital responsibility” (NR) label was developed in partnership with the French Ministry of Ecological Transition, the French Environment and Energy Management Agency and the WWF. The label was awarded by the INR labelling committee to SPIE ICS following an audit of its commitments by SGS, the world leader in testing and inspection, and will be valid for 36 months. The subsidiary has also been awarded level 2 of the standard, the highest level achievable.
This label is represented by 35 commitments, which include recycling, the provision of eco-design training to architects, and services to extend the life of IT equipment.
Obtaining the label was one of the priority objectives that SPIE ICS set in its new strategic plan for 2021-2025. The label consolidates its position as a DSC that is committed to the energy transition and digital transformation.
Group Communication Director
Tel. + 33 (0)1 34 41 81 11
Tel. + 33 (0)1 34 41 88 61
Tel. + 33 (0)6 13 81 00 92
Tel : +33 (0)1 41 46 42 10