Saint Herblain, 26 January 2015 – SPIE Ouest-Centre has been awarded its first public energy performance contract by the Pays de la Loire regional council. This contract, with guaranteed results, is aimed at reducing energy consumption of the heating and hot water installations seven senior high schools* (four in the department of Vendée and three in Mayenne).
The contract, secured by a SPIE Ouest-Centre led consortium with EDF Optimal Solutions, comprises the following two parts:
- energy optimisation work (including the replacement of boilers, modifications to systems and the installation of control equipment and building management systems, etc.) to be carried out by EDF Optimal Solutions;
- fully guaranteed maintenance and operating services along with an equipment renewal programme (covering boilers, burners and pumps, etc.) performed by SPIE Ouest-Centre.
The aim is to achieve an energy consumption reduction of more than 20% for the seven schools concerned, which are attended by a total of 4,500 pupils and have a total area of 102,000 sq. m and a current gas consumption of 7.7 GWh/year. The energy savings achieved will be measured on the basis of the IPMVP** protocol.
SPIE Ouest-Centre will also conduct an awareness campaign targeting the schools’ users (personnel, teaching staff and pupils) to encourage them to help save energy, in collaboration with Centres for Environment Initiatives (CPIE).
This eight-year contract is worth more than one million euros for SPIE Ouest-Centre, which will mobilise its teams in the departments of Vendée and Mayenne.
“This public energy performance contract was awarded on the strength our optimal balance between guaranteed energy savings, technical solutions, price and actions to heighten the awareness of the schools’ users,” said Technical Manager Olivier Daval. This success highlights SPIE Ouest-Centre’s determination to establish itself as a major player helping local authorities and companies to manage their energy efficiency.
* The seven high schools are:
- in Vendée: Atlantique in Luçon, Georges Clémenceau in Chantonnay, Savary de Mauléon in Les Sables d’Olonne and Jean Monnet in Herbiers;
- in Mayenne: Pierre et Marie Curie in Château-Gontier, Lavoisier in Mayenne and Douanier Rousseau in Laval.
** IPMVP: International Performance Measurement and Verification Protocol
Tel.: +33 (0)2 40 67 06 10