TDF (Télédiffusion de France) entrusted SPIE Sud-Est with the complete conversion of its Marseille Réaltor building into a data centre.
Teams from the Provence and HVAC departments joined forces to provide the customer with support for this conversion project and carry out the necessary work.
The services to be provided covered the three major priorities for data centres: thermal requirements, redundant power supply, and site security and safety.
This involved the following items:
- two 2 MW generators
- a supply substation with two 2 MW transformers
- two 1,000 kW UPSs
- switchboards, IS 333
- Electric power distribution with tier 3 back-up and 2N redundancy
- HVAC: 2 chillers, 990 kW and 936 kW
- fire safety system
- access control
- video surveillance
- Building managements system (BMS)
- 200 racks for data centre clients
Complete fitting out:
- structural reinforcements
Design studies started in November 2013 and work was completed in June 2014.