A consortium including SPIE Sud-Ouest has been awarded a contract for road works, civil engineering, wet and dry networks, lighting and dynamic equipment for the widening of Toulouse south ring road (completing the project to provide two 3-lane carriageways) by DREAL, the regional environment, development and housing authority.
SPIE Sud-Ouest will carry out the following work:
- Removal and temporary installation of 74 central reservation and hard shoulder road lighting assemblies
- Supply and installation of 40 road lighting assemblies on central reservations
- Supply, laying and connection of 9,000 metres of high and low voltage lighting power cables
- Digging of 2,500 metres of multi-duct trenching for lighting and communication networks, including 55 draw chambers
- Relocation and enlargement of variable-message signs
The crews must carry out the necessary works without closing the road to traffic and keeping any nuisance to the strict minimum (by using non-polluting techniques, adapting working hours, etc.).
This contract has started in August 2013.